- Ladies’Circle International President
- Godmother Circle: Ladies’Circle The Netherlands National Board Members
- Ladies Circle Singapore
- Tangent Club International
When I started on the journey of initiating a Ladies’Circle in Singapore, never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined just how rewarding this experience would be. I moved to Singapore almost 2 years ago, and after a few months realized that I was working just about 24/7 and hadn’t made many friends outside my work environment. I knew I had to get out there and do something, and even though I make jokes about wanting to be a Tai Tai Wife (which I can explain to our international guests later!), I know I’m not the type to join a typical expat wives group. I was introduced to Ladies’Circle in The Netherlands by my friend Ellen, and felt that the core values of this incredible organization was something that would do well in Singapore, the type of society I had not yet been able to find here.
14 months after our first introduction morning, I now stand before you as the first President of Ladies Circle Singapore. Everybody in this room is a part of Ladies Circle history in the making! I am incredibly proud of each one of the Ladies Circle Singapore Circlers that have just been inducted. Ladies – we’re not in formation anymore, but now a Circle officially recognized by Ladies Circle International. Each one of these ladies has unique strengths that have contributed to our success as a society. I’d like to introduce you to the ladies.
- Elle – a lady with a heart of gold, always ready to lend a helping hand to anybody.
- Sam – who really knows how to bring out the best in others, whether by a kind word or a sweet smile.
- Emma – I can’t believe that I’ve had to move across the World to meet my sister-from-another-mother! Your refreshing perspective on the world is contagious.
- Rebecca – has a lust for life like nobody else I know.
- Charissa – truly unique in every way.
- Sue – a beautiful soul who wouldn’t think twice to help a friend in need.
- Cat – our very own lady of zen and mindfulness.
I would also like to stand still at the thought of all the courageous women in our lives, for playing a part in who we are and the impact we aim to have on society. Our grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters, cousins, daughters and friends – I am a firm believer that as long as we have strong female role models in our lives, that we in turn can have a positive impact on those in our lives.
A very special thank you and I love you to my husband, Alexis. Your positivity, drive and enthusiasm make me want to be a better person. Your commitment to work, family, friends and Round Table is inspiring. Thank you for your support, patience and motivation, and for always standing by my side.
A special thank you to everybody present today:
- Ladies Circle International
- Our Godmother Circle, Ladies Circle Netherlands
- Tangent Club International
- Ladies Circle Belgium
- Ladies Circle Finland
- Ladies Circle Hong Kong
- Ladies Circle Sri Lanka
- Round Table Singapore
- Round Table Malaysia
- Round Table Philippines
- Daughters of Tomorrow
- Image Mission
- … and all our guests